This workshop aims at introducing you to the fundamental rules of composition in photography.
You will learn simple rules and techniques in how to achieve a pleasing and balanced composition of any scene.
Suitable for beginners with knowledge of the basics of photography but also for smartphone/tablet photography users.
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- demonstrate a critical understanding of the basic composition rules by identifying and discussing different elements of it in a number of different photographs
- demonstrate a practical engagement with composition rules and techniques by taking your own photographs
- critically reflect on the making of your own images and discuss the making process in terms of how you used the rules of composition in your photographs
General Workshop Outline
Beginning of theory session – explaining and demonstrating the basic rules of composition with student contributions and questions
11:00 - 11:10
Tea & Biscuits Break (biscuits are provided, bring your own drinks)
11:10 - 12:30
Continuation of theory session
12:30 - 13:00
13:00 - 15:00
Play Time - theory into practice
You will be taking photographs implementing theory into practice. You can work on specific themes I will be giving you or you can choose to shoot freely. I will be guiding you when needed and giving you individual attention and practical tips on how to achieve your desired results.
15:00 – 15:50
Feedback Time with Tea & Biscuits
Looking at each other’s photographs, commenting on them in a non-judgemental environment, suggesting new ideas, and reflecting on the process of how you used the composition rules in your photographs.
15:50 - 16:00
Summing up on the workshop themes, leaving your workshop feedback, and suggesting ideas for further workshops based on your needs.
After the end of the workshop, I will be sending you e-handouts by email.
A DSLR camera is ideally the best type of camera you can have if you want to really explore and experiment with photography. However, all camera devices are welcome, including smartphones or tablets and you will still benefit from the workshop.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- if you cancel within 15 days from the start of the course.
- if the course is cancelled but a new date is scheduled
- if you stop attending it or any sessions of it
16 years old is the minimum age for participants to attend the workshop on their own. For younger children please contact us.